I am not a huge fan of bananas, but I do understand their nutritional value and try to have one may be once a week :). I came across this recipe for Banana Bread couple of years back. It was printed on Domino sugar packet. Let’s just say, I no longer throw away ripe bananas. Over the years I have made this recipe many, many times. They are very easy to prepare and you don’t need to be an expert baker to bake these.
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (Maida)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (approx 3-4 large)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp all-spice (optional)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heavily grease and flour a loaf pan
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir until blended. You can use the hand mixer for mixing. Use it on low settings.
- Pour it into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake it for 50 to 55 mins or until the wooden pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Leave it in the pan for another 15 mins.
- Turn it over onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut it into slice and serve with a dollop of strawberry jam.